Sunday 3 August 2014

Easy as 1, 2, 3...

So, I'm on my 4th day in to the Marine Diet and I'm still alive, which is a good start!
Though, despite what the title of this post may be, it certainly hasn't been easy so far. I'm always just a little bit hungry, even after finishing my minuscule meals. I haven't felt full in 3 days, dammit!

Day 1

Breakfast: 3 eggs, scrambled
Lunch: 3 eggs, hard boiled 
Dinner: 3 eggs, soft boiled

Also known as Egg Day, this has certainly been the hardest day so far, as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me wrong, I love eggs but 9 in one day? I was naive to think it would be easy but you really do get sick of them by dinner time. 

I'm not a massive fan of scrambled eggs but, for breakfast, when I'm in an early morning rush trying to get ready and out of the house in time for work, they're the easiest option. Except when I make them. I accidentally cooked them for too long so they took on an almost rubbery consistency and I didn't have time to remake anymore. I won't pretend they were enjoyable, they weren't but it was all I was getting till lunchtime so I chowed down and downed a pint of water in an attempt to fill myself till midday.

Lunch was 3 hard boiled eggs I'd ready made the night before. Everyone at work knows about my diet and have been asking questions about it all morning, mainly giving me sympathetic looks teamed with comments such as, 'Ooh, I couldn't do that,' or, 'But don't you just want a biscuit?' OF COURSE I WANT A BISCUIT. Not a lot to report about hard boiled eggs, they weren't interesting but I was starving and wolfed them down. Stomach was still rumbling after I'd finished though.


Dinner was 3 soft boiled eggs which was probably the most enjoyable meal of the day, it was nice to have something warm and relatively tasty to eat. When I was little, my Mum used to make me soft boiled eggs which she would then sort of cut up in a mug and then bind them with a tiny bit of butter and I loved them, so this is what I did tonight (I know butter is cheating but it was literally the tiniest bit to bind the eggs together!)



Day 2
Breakfast: Grapefruit 
Lunch: Fruit salad
Dinner: Steak, Celery, Tomatoes & Cottage Cheese (or, in my case; steak, celery, peppers & mushrooms)

Woke up feeling very hungry but looking forward to something other than eggs! Ended up probably wearing more of the grapefruit than I ate as the juice squirted out every time I plunged my spoon in but the tang of the grapefruit made a nice change to rubbery eggs.

I made my fruit salad the night before and I was genuinely looking forward to it by lunchtime. I'd crammed my Tupperware box full of strawberries, peaches, clementines, grapes, blueberries & raspberries and I relished every mouthful. After lunch, my stomach had stopped rumbling which was a welcome feeling.

I'd literally been looking forward to dinner all day, what's not to like about steak!? I don't like tomatoes and, as far as I'm concerned, cottage cheese looks like baby vomit so I substituted these with sweet red peppers and a large, flat mushroom. I grilled everything, apart from the celery obviously, and it almost felt like a normal meal, hurrah! Went to bed a few hours later relatively satisfied. 





Day 3
Breakfast: Grapefruit
Lunch: Fish, salad & spinach (Chicken, salad & spinach; I hate fish!)
Dinner: Lamb & salad

It's finally the weekend so I sleep in till about 10am, a few hours later than my weekday wake-up time, so I wake up hungry with only a grapefruit waiting for me in the fridge. Rather than shovelling it down like the previous day, I can actually relish each bite whilst watching catch-up television in bed, this isn't so bad!

I need to hit the shops to buy things for my upcoming holiday and aim to be back in a couple of hours to prep and eat lunch. How wrong was I? Shopping ended up overrunning due to the shopping centre being super busy and, after nearly passing out in the Boots queue whilst stocking up on holiday toiletries, I needed sustenance and fast. I nipped into M&S to fight with the middle-class at the deli fridges whilst I looked for plain chicken and spinach leaves. To my horror, M&S had ran out of plain chicken so I chose the lowest calorie option they did, a sweet & smoky variety seasoned with chillies, herbs & peppers, grabbed a bag of baby spinach and dashed for the checkout. I did feel guilty for eating seasoned chicken but as I munched down on my leaves and protein, I instantly felt better.

Finally home, dinner was lamb & salad which I was slightly dubious about as I'm not the biggest fan of lamb. I made a hearty salad of lettuce, rocket, cucumber, spring onions, peppers, carrots, celery & radish and grilled my lamb. Turns out, plain lamb isn't so bad! 

Later on, I was utterly starving so ended up munching on grapes which, whilst eating between meals is forbidden, I figured was better than a bag of crisps, right?!




So, my first three days haven't been so bad but I'm always verging on starving and by the time it gets to 9/10pm each night, I'm knackered but I guess that means I get more sleep than I usually which can't be so bad for the eye bags, eh!
Stepping on the scales, I've also lost 5lb in those 3 days which is definitely spurring me on to persist with this ridiculous fad diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment