Tuesday 11 September 2012

Festival Fun

So, it's been a couple of weeks since I returned from Leeds Fest and I think I've just about recovered. I've gotten used to not waking up in a tent, drinking a can of cider for breakfast and I've shaken off the dreaded post-festival flu. Unlike the poor folk who went to Creamfields, we were very lucky with the weather, which considering I don't cope well in the rain, was probably in the best interests of everyone else.


Unfortunately I wasn't organised enough to take photos of my outfit choices for each day but I do have a small selection to show off what I packed. It's probably for the best I didn't take outfit photos each day anyway, as by the third day my body was breaking down, my hair was a state and make-up was minimal, so I'm probably saving you all a fright..
My festival essential is definitely a onesie and I chose a fancy leopard print one to take with me. It kept me cosy in my freezing tent at night and was perfect for lazing around the campsite in whilst coping with a hangover in the morning. The only downside? Being a onesie, going to the loo was awkward but there were more positives than negatives! 



As any festival goer knows, a decent pair of wellies is an essential if you don't want to destroy your clothes with mud, alcohol or whatever else is getting thrown about.. This year I finally took the plunge and invested in a pair of pink Hunter wellies and matching Hunter wellie socks (so fleecy and warm, definitely the best thing I packed for the whole festval!) and I absolutely love them. They're so girly and definitely worth shelling out the cash for.

Hunter wellingtons, £64.81, Amazon
Hunter wellie socks, last season £6.99, ASOS

The only day I have an official, 'Out Of The Day,' is for the morning and I set off and bear in mind, this photo was taken at 4.30 in the morning so I wasn't feel totally fresh. It also shows that I can't pull off a backpack to save my life, but I'm okay with this because backpacks aren't my thing anyway..
Scarf, Accessorize
Jumper, Topshop
Shorts, Topshop
Socks, Primark

So it's safe to say I'm extremely sad to be home and I'm kind of mentally counting down till next year. What's not to love about getting drunk for 4 days, sleeping terribly in tents and listening to your favourite music all weekend?




Did you go to any festivals this summer? If so, what were your festival essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment