Monday 5 March 2012

Derren Brown


Leeds literally blew my mind last night. Or to be more precise, Derren Brown in Leeds blew my mind last night.
After driving round Leeds for what felt like an absolute lifetime, the family and I finally figured out their road system and found a parking spot in what I felt was the dodgiest place in the city. Thankfully the car was still there when we got back, no scratches or anything – though I believe we were just lucky..
Unfortunately I can’t tell you much about Derren’s show, ‘Svengali,’ as he swears his audience to secrecy and he’ll probably hunt me down and hypnotise me into thinking I’m a donkey or something along those lines (something I’m not willing to risk.. soz guys). But what I can tell you is that it was amazing. If you ever get the chance to see him, I totally recommend it.
I’d like to act out an elaborate lie and say I was called up on stage to be part of his act and it was fab, blah blah blah but I wasn’t. I was part of a group of which, a lucky few were picked to go up but alas, I was left to sit back down, sob sob.
And the Leeds Grand Theatre is absolutely gorgeous, the décor was all so elaborate and ornate. It felt like stepping back into a 1940′s theatre. and the beautiful crystal chandelier in the middle of the theatre just added that extra touch of glamour!

No comments:

Post a Comment