Tuesday 13 March 2012

This Girl Is Staying North!

Okay, so some of you reading this will know that I applied for a job in the captial city, good old London. I got through the first stage and was invited for a phone interview (of which I shook with nerves during the whole call!)


Now, I've always dreamed about living in London. I was born there and spent my early years growing up there, so I guess I've been sort of scrambling to get back to my 'hometown' despite the fact I've lived in Sheffield for 15 years of my life.
I love how busy London is, there's always something to do no matter what time it is. It has the best shopping in the country, what girl wouldn't want that on their doorstep?! But most of all, it seems like a city full of opportunities and I want the chance to try them all. 



But alas, I woke up from the dream today as I didn't get through to the next part of the interviewing progress. I want to pretend I'm really gutted and reap in sympathy from everyone but honestly, it hasn't really affected me. Sure, I'd have loved it if I'd made it through but it's not the end of the world that I didn't. 


I've got some of the best people around me ''oop North'' and let's face it, I probably sound far too northern to be taken seriously in a high-powered London job!
Now, where can I find a cushy desk job that allows me to wear cute work clothes, read magazines, answer phones and tap on a keyboard all day... Oh, and did I mention I'd love to be paid megabucks for it too?
You can take the girl out of the north but you can't take the north out of the girl - we love getting something for nothing!




No comments:

Post a Comment