Monday 5 March 2012

Lent


Never one to back down from a challenge, for the first time, I’m taking part in lent this year. I’m not religious in the slightest so unfortunately I can’t say I’m doing this for the big guy upstairs, I’m doing it for me. And for purely selfish reasons at that..
Never one to do things the easy way, I’ve gone full throttle and given up chocolate. Deep breaths.
I know, I know, drastic. I’m doing it not only to challenge myself, as I’m partial to many a chocolate biscuit, but also in the hope of dropping a couple of pounds so I can squeeze into dresses long forgotten in my wardrobe. That’s the vain side of myself showing its face.
Whilst I’d like to think I’ll be able to do this easy peasy, a little bit inside of me knows I’ll be breaking down in front of the confectionery aisle in Tesco next week.
It seems like since Lent began (only 2 days ago – yes, I’m counting..) chocolate is taunting me, it’s everywhere. I feel like I’m in that cereal bar advert where sweets and pastries chase a women down the road trying to tempt her to eat them – except I have a chocolate mass plodding behind me constantly.
On the plus side, only 38 days till I can hold the Easter Bunny hostage for his haul and sink into a chocolate coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment