Tuesday 6 March 2012

How Much Is Too Much To Pay For A Dress?

I've previously written about my student lifestyle and whilst I may complain about many aspects of it, there is definitely one major perk, three whole years of that beautiful student discount. Now, for some people, 10% doesn't seem like a lot but when you're a money stricken student, that extra saving means everything! We'll whip out our faithful NUS at any opportunity, even trying to blag it in stores that are mean and don't actually offer student discount..


In a few months time I'll no longer be a student and something has been troubling me. I will no longer be able to get 10% off in Topshop! For me, this is a very big thing. Topshop is my go-to shop when I need a new outfit for any occasion. I've realised that, as I browse the store, I automatically minus the student discount from the ticket price! So, a life of having to pay the ticket price seems particularly tragic. 


I fully accept that Topshop isn't cheap, hell some of its products can be totally overpriced for the quality and durability it offers. But as a student, it's a fashion mecca. 


This leads me to ask, just how much is 'too much' to pay for clothing?
I'll soon be stepping into the grown-up world where new clothes sort of take a back seat to rent, bills and other boring (but neccessary!) outgoings. I'm going to HAVE to cut down on my clothing allowance, waaah. If £50 for a dress is going to seem to extravagant then it looks like I'll just have to buy less food, become really skinny yet be fabulously dressed. Not so bad. 

1 comment:

  1. topshop has gotten soo pricey. I love the shop but prefer to buy online as you can pick up designer bits for that price.

    ReplyDelete